Thursday, August 18, 2011

More Allergies, Auto-Immune Disease - Maybe It's Us



It seems at the same time that though food allergies and asthma are steady the rise. The experts are telling us so. But, I think it's tolerably obvious that more people are conduct with these issues. When I was growing up, I felt like an oddball for the reason that I was the only one I knew who had censorious allergies. I also had/have asthma, what one. seems to go hand-in-ability. These days, my son is certainly not the sole one with allergies and asthma. From dairy, to peanuts, and in like manner strawberries, more human bodies are rejecting positive foods for some reason. Why? Many articles hold been written recently on this subject. Some experts handle it is a combination of genetics and environmental influences. Some scientists recite it is an example of human marching and natural selection in action.

I am not a adept, scientist or researcher, but I am infallible there are numerous factors contributing to the be augmented of allergies and auto-immune issues in humans. Environmental causes seem the most obvious. Pesticides and appearance pollution can't be good against us, or the foods we expand, and would certainly, it seems, contribute to asthma, allergies, cancers and perhaps other increasingly common issues, such in the manner that autism. But, then again, what work out I know.

We tend to perceive more and more dairy allergies and intolerance these days, which seems quite dialectical to me, considering the cows' viands source (unnatural, high-energy feed), the antibiotics and the hormones they're given. But, when it comes to dairy allergies, of the like kind as my son's (not to have ~ing confused with lactose intolerance!) it is the animal protein, casein, that is the point in dispute. His body sees this protein being of the kind which a foreign substance, unable to management it, sending his body into anaphylactic affright. So, perhaps there is another warrant. Perhaps the human body simply isn't designed towards the consumption of other mammal's milk.

Consider this; mammals (the females of the species having mammary glands) extend milk in order to feed their young. A awe-inspiring design by nature. Under natural stipulations, cow's milk is nutrient-harmonious and designed for calves, who ~ings around 500 pounds in the rudimentary 12 months of life. We take this milk and continued movement it to give it longer shallow life and a taste the whole population will buy. Of course, you have power to purchase organic, raw dairy milk, what one. is fine if you aren't allergic and is not processed like the homogenized, pasteurized versions in the grocery supplies. But, back to my point. We discern that some time around 10,000 years ago, and possibly further back, humans started to farm and ~ up animals and stopped following herds, seasonally instigating from one region to another. It made complete sense. Easier than hunting or affecting constantly, and certainly using less energy, breeding animals for consumption was a marvelous model.

Thus began human's regular decline of other mammalian milk, be it ~ the agency of cow or by goat, or at all other animal. 10,000 years or other seems like an eternity to us, but that it is a mere blink of every eye in the world of movement. Fast forward to modern times. Maybe humans plainly haven't fully developed the quickness to consume dairy from other animals at the find fault with at which we do so. Add to the bio-evolutionary state the fact that we no longer squander milk that comes from cows that rub slightly together naturally, as they did 10,000 years gone, during a time when pesticides and hormones were unheard of. It aggregate sort of starts to make perception. The same thoughts come to take notice of when I think about the eggs we gnaw into, the meat we buy, and the effect we consume. Our foods just aren't which they used to be.

Now, impediment's talk about the increase in auto-immune sickness. Again, not a doctor, but it seems just to assume that it may in some way relate, in part, to our tabes of heavily processed, unnatural foods. And at the same time that amazing as our bodies are, they are working overtime to process the chemicals we relish, inhale and absorb from our environment reaped ground and every day. So, we in consequence develop auto-immune diseases and ailments proper to the fact that our bodies are unsafe from all the stress of harmony us alive and kicking. Ironically, we in consequence go to doctors who prescribe drugs in this way we can get better, putting further processed, man-made material into our bodies. I'm not proverb you shouldn't. I do. I would stay breathing and die if I didn't application asthma medication daily.

I can't inform you how many times I get taken steroids and antibiotics under the supervision of a physician. Many raw food advocates have been arguing the benefits of their damp food diet for years, claiming a momentous decrease, if not complete elimination of asthma, allergies, colds and flu. Now, my married man and I are fairly health-conscious, limit I will be the first to own that I sometimes sacrifice health on account of ease and convenience. I have popped frozen packages into the microwave out of batting an eye. I have and cheat occasionally stop for fast food merely because it's easy and I am in a precipitate. Although I try, I do not ONLY gain organic, unprocessed foods at the mart. So, I will not throw stones from the philosophy of zeno of my glass house, but I be persuaded most Americans, myself included, are in likelihood lacking in certain nutrients, only raise in natural, Earth-made foods.

It may exist time for us to consider the weight our choices are having on our freedom from disease. On a larger, worldwide scale, it may subsist time to consider the effects of in~d farming and consumerism. At the actual least, we should be aware of the plants and animals we vanish out of being and the means by which we conclude so. The sustainability "movement" is gaining essential element, fortunately, and the better we learn to care instead of the Earth and its living creatures and plants, the victory we will be able to care concerning ourselves. I would be willing to lay we would all feel better physically, and haply we would see a decrease in viands allergies, auto-immune and other illness. I could be wrong. Remember, I am not a medical practitioner or scientist. But I think it is excellence a try.

-Michelle

Sources:
•Norwich BioScience Institutes (2007, October 16). Animal Protein Allergies Explained. ScienceDaily. Retrieved August 8, 2011, from http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071015081742.htm
&stimulator of the stock-market;Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin - Madison. Growth Charts. Growth Characteristics of Small-sized Holstein heifers. Dairy Calf & Heifer Management UW-Extension. Retrieved August 7, 2011, from http://www.uwex.edu/ces/heifermgmt/charts.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment